VOLUNTEER AT CAPSLO
During COVID-19 many of CAPSLO’s programs have suspended operations and volunteer efforts; Our communities still need people like you who care about and want to help others. Please find below a few ways that you can volunteer virtually while still practicing Social Distancing to keep you and those around you safe.
Please stay healthy and if you have recently volunteered with any of CAPSLO’s programs and become ill please stay home. If you feel that you have been exposed to COVID-19 and have volunteered with CAPSLO recently please contact the volunteer program at (805)295-1311.
For additional volunteer inquiries, please email email@example.com or call (805)534-3347.
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
- Create music videos or live sessions to be shared with Seniors from CAPSLO’ s Adult Day Center, children, families and guests at 40 Prado Homeless Service Center. Share with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate directly to 40 Prado Homeless Services Center. You can find the Amazon Wishlist here and the DollarDays wishlist here.
Support the Community
- Donate Blood. This is a critical need and if you are interested, please check out organizations such as Vitalant or Red Cross for details.
- Assemble & donate hygiene kits. Create hygiene kits and drop off at a local shelter or program providing services for people experiencing homelessness to help them stay healthy.
- Perform wellness checks on family or community members. Check on older neighbors with a call, text, or talk through the door.
- Write cards/notes to seniors and families to offer encouragement.
- Volunteer to take your neighbor’s trash can in.
- Volunteer to grocery shop for a neighbor.
- Host a Zoom gathering. Whether it is a birthday party, dinner party, family get together or arts & crafts session, Zoom can give you the opportunity to come together while still maintaining a safe distance.
- Walk a neighbors dog if they are staying indoors.
- Have a neighborhood block party. Put some lawn chairs out in your driveway and enjoy the company of neighbors from the comfort of your own space.
- Donate books to your neighborhood Little Free Library. If your neighborhood has a library box, consider adding dry goods for those in need.
- Start a phone tree with family, friends and neighbors.
CAPSLO Volunteer Opportunities
** Due to the current status of COVID-19 most volunteer positions are on hold. Please reach out to Hollie Wogan for more information. **
New Volunteer Sign Up
Check out the volunteer schedule and sign up for your next shift!