40 Prado Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers must be 18 years or older to volunteer at this location.
Servers should be reliable and ready to help upon arrival.
- Arrive at 7:45am for breakfast serving or 4:45pm for dinner serving, sign in on the IPad, and begin set up
- Responsible for checking expiration/best by dates, use food that is closest to its expiration date first.
- Responsible for setting up food to be served, keeping aware of the portion sizes given by staff.
- Responsible for monitoring items and replenishing as needed.
- Responsible for notifying staff when foods or supplies are needed for the next day.
Shift time for breakfast servers are daily 7:45am to approximately 9:15-9:30am. Dinner serving shifts are Monday through Thursday 4:45pm-6:45pm.
BAM-Bring a Meal
CAPSLO’s 40 Prado Homeless Services Program is seeking meal donations from community members or groups who can provide a hot, ready-to-serve meal or donation of items to prepare for the evening meal such as sandwiches, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. We have some helpful meal tips for groups of this size that I would be happy to forward to you. Volunteers who prepare meals are welcome to stay and serve meal to participants, but it is not a requirement of meal preparation and donation.
Generous donors like you are the key to this program’s success.
Breakfast Providers are requested to provide a warm breakfast for approximately 100+ people from 7:30am to 9:30am at 40 Prado. An average of 120 people per night are provided dinner at 40 Prado. Dinner is served nightly between 5pm-7pm. We depend largely on the support of the community to help feed this vulnerable population each night.