The Home Base program supports parents in helping them provide learning opportunities that enhance their child's growth and development. The Home Base program assist parents in using the home as the child's primary learning environment.
1. CAPSLO provides home base services to pregnant women and families with infants, toddlers and preschoolers eligible for the Early Head Start/Head Start Programs.
2. CAPSLO provides respectful and developmentally enriched services that promote the physical, cognitive, social and emotional growth of infants and toddlers and prepare them for future growth and development. Additionally, Early Head Start/Head Start supports and equips parents/ guardians in their roles as primary caregivers and educators of their children and families in meeting personal goals and achieving self-sufficiency across a wide variety of domains.
3. CAPSLO mobilizes communities to improve the resources and environment necessary to ensure a comprehensive, integrated array of services and support for families and to foster the system change necessary to summon forth the guiding vision of this initiative. Moreover, CAPSLO ensures the provision of high quality services to families with infants, toddlers and preschoolers through the development of highly trained, caring and adequately compensated program staff.
4. Early Head Start will provide weekly home visits for a minimum of 46 visits per Enrollment Cycle year and Head Start will provide weekly home visits for a minimum of 32 visits per program year. Each program’s visits will last approximately 90 minutes.
5. Early Head Start Home Base Teachers will provide at a minimum of 22 groups Socializations per program year and Head Start Home Base Teachers will provide at a minimum of 16 groups Socializations per program year. Socialization topics will be intentional as the planning process is a joint effort between Home Base Teacher and parent. The topics will be meaningful for both parents and children, all the while focusing on peer/group interactions. Nutritious snacks will be provided at each Socialization.
6. CAPSLO’s Early Head Start/Head Start Home Base Teachers will maintain an average caseload of 10 to 12 families each with a maximum of 12 families.